IF YOU RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE ON YOUR CELL PHONE FROM OR ON BEHALF OF BLUESTEM BRANDS FROM MARCH 14, 2012, THROUGH OCTOBER 15, 2018, YOUR RIGHTS MAY BE AFFECTED BY A CLASS ACTION SETTLEMENT.
July 30, 2019 – Postmark Deadline to Mail Requests for Exclusion.
July 30, 2019 – Postmark Deadline to Mail Objections to the Court.
August 29, 2019 – Deadline to Submit a Claim Form. Postmark Deadline for Mailed Claim Forms.
October 8, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. ET – Fairness Hearing.
A court authorized the Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
You are not being sued. The Notice is to inform you of a class action Settlement.
- A Settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit claiming that Bluestem Brands, Inc. dba Fingerhut or Gettington (hereinafter “Defendant” or “Bluestem”) violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act by sending allegedly unauthorized text messages to wrong number cellular telephones without their consent.
- The Settlement includes all persons in the United States who were sent a text message to a cellular telephone from or on behalf of Bluestem and where the number was coded by Bluestem as a “wrong party” on an outbound call, during the Class Period (i.e., March 14, 2012 through October 15, 2018).
- Defendant has agreed to pay $5,250,000 (the “Settlement Fund”) to settle the lawsuit. After deducting costs of notice and claims administration, attorneys’ fees and litigation costs, and an incentive payment to the class representative, the remaining amount will be divided on a pro rata basis (equally) among Class Members who file a valid claim.
- Your legal rights are affected regardless of whether you act or don’t act. Read the notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS LAWSUIT|
|This is the only way to receive a cash payment from the Settlement Fund.|
|This is the only option that allows you to be part of any other lawsuit against the Defendant for the legal claims made in this lawsuit and released by the Settlement Agreement. You will not receive a cash payment.|
|Write to the Court with reasons why you do not like the Settlement.|
|Ask the Court for permission for you or your attorney to appear and be heard at the final fairness hearing.|
|If you do nothing, you will not receive a cash payment from the Settlement Fund and you will give up your rights to be part of any other lawsuit against the Defendant for the legal claims made in this lawsuit and released by the Settlement Agreement.|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice. For complete details, view the Settlement Agreement, available by clicking here or call 1-855-250-2625.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the Settlement. Payments will be distributed if the Court approves the Settlement and after any appeals are resolved.
Contact the Claims Administrator
Busch v. Bluestem Brands Text Settlement
c/o Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 58699
Philadelphia, PA 19102